It’s natural to feel elated when initially meeting and dating someone romantically. However, Love and Relationship Addiction is a pattern in which a person needs to feel the new rush of romantic love to feel alive or to validate their relationships. If you answer “yes” or are unsure, contact us below.
- Do you have difficulty being alone?
- Do you sacrifice yourself to keep the other person in the relationship happy so they will not leave?
- Are you “in love” with being “in love”?
- Do you tend to give more to the relationship than your partner does?
- Do you feel relationships must be filled with intense passion?
- Do you stay too long in relationships that are no longer healthy for you?
- Do you feel needy, dependent and anxious after a few months in a relationship?
- Are you doing all of the forgiving within the relationship?
- Do you spend less time with friends or family to spend more time with the person you are in a relationship with?
- Do you neglect your own self-care for the sake of your relationship?
- Do you have panicky feelings when you are not with your partner?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions and would like help, there is hope.