Do you have a problem with gambling? The following questions can be a guide to determining if you need help with your addiction.
- Have you ever had difficulty in one or more of your relationships because of your gambling?
- Have you ever had to borrow money to bet or gamble?
- Have you lost track of time when gambling?
- Do you find yourself obsessing or daydreaming about your next gambling venture?
- Do you feel depressed for days after a loss?
- Do you use gambling to avoid feelings of anxiety, depression, grief or frustration?
- When trying to cut back, do you feel irritable, discontented or restless?
- Over time, have you increased the amount of money you gamble to get a “bigger hit” emotionally?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions and would like help, there is hope.